Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Purple Cows: Scrapbook Page
Hello Crafty Peeps! Thanks for stopping by my second Purple Cows blog post. I've been like a kid in a candy store playing with all of my new tools and stamps. Today I made a scrapbook page.
PURPLE COWS SUPPLIES:
Sizzle Dual Temperature Craft Iron and 6 Tips #5000
Gem Setting Kit #5071
Punch It-Solstice #7204
Stamp It #7500
Stamp It 6 Piece Stamp Set - Winter #7502
Freestyle Mouse #6040
Click Blade Designer Pack #1049
Combo Trimmer #1040
1. I used the Freestyle Mouse #6040 without a guard to cut a circle from this patterned paper with blade #2810 and inked the edges.
2. Then I used the guide to cut two 2" strips from the scraps to create a border from the pattern on the back side of the paper. These are glued together to create the vertical border, the edges are inked.
3. Cut five 2" square pieces of card stock, I punched 5 "medallions" using thePunch It-Solstice #7204 and a corner rounder and inked the edges.
4. I used the Sizzle Dual Temperature Craft Iron and 6 Tips #5000 with the Gem Setting Kit #5071 to add jeweled centers to the flowers.
5. The horizontal border accent is 2" x 12" and decorated with Stamp It #7500 using the
Stamp It 6 Piece Stamp Set - Winter #7502 and three shades of blue ink. It is embellished with blue rhinestones from the Gem Setting Kit #5071 and attached using the Sizzle Dual Temperature Craft Iron and 6 Tips #5000.
6. The background paper has a corner flourish in the upper right from the same Stamp It 6 Piece Stamp Set - Winter #7502 as used on the horizontal border.
7. The name "Jane" is printed on card stock, then trimmed to fit the bling frame and embellished with the same lime green metallic circles from the Gem Setting Kit #5071 used in the center of the flowers and is attached using the Sizzle Dual Temperature Craft Iron and 6 Tips #5000.
8. When I attached the photo, I only used glue on the sides and bottom to create a pocket to hold a journaling tag with fibers.
I hope you enjoyed this project!! Please check out the Purple Cows Blog for lots of project ideas and inspiration. Click the logo to visit their site and see product tutorials.